Monday, June 7, 2021

The Chattahoochee River

Hello Reader,

As mentioned in my last post, the area of study I would like to focus on this semester is the Chattahoochee River in Georgia. 

I am choosing a body of water because I am very interested in freshwater ecosystems and also enjoy spending time by the water, whether fishing or kayaking or simply enjoying the view. I am choosing the Chattahoochee River specifically because I will be moving to Atlanta in July, and so this will give me a chance to get familiar with a landmark before my arrival. Additionally, since I plan to spend time around that area because I’ve heard it’s a beautiful area for both relaxation and recreation, it will give me the opportunity to actually go out and make observations which I’m really excited about doing. Additionally, since freshwater field work and study is something I’m genuinely interested in, perhaps as I research the river I will also find volunteer and/or job opportunities associated with it, which would be spectacular.

Additionally, I’m planning on taking a Watershed Stewardship course (I believe next semester), and so I’m hoping my research into this Chattahoochee River will jumpstart my understandings of some of what will be covered in that course.

Link for more info: Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area (U.S. National Park Service) (nps.gov)

Thanks for reading!

Fran 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Thoughts (For Now)

 Hello Reader, For today’s post, as the semester is coming to a close, I will be reflecting on how my perspective of biodiversity has grow...